March 28, 2010

Perth : West Perth Abandoned Mechanics Workshop, Straight from Kuala Lumpur



More of Perth's abandoned buildings, this time in the shit-eating corporate wanker district of West Perth. Once an art-deco era mechanics workshop, the complex now lays abandoned. Much like a klang valley hooker, the interior space sports a great, if messy, interior makeover. Ironically, this post comes to you from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. All the photos here are taken with an old-school film camera. The roll of film had a use-by-date of 1987, I shot the photos about 4 weeks ago, and the film was just processed here, today, in Kuala Lumpur. Whitey ratio, off the scale. Yellow fever, setting in nicely.

Chicken rice, roti babi, curry laksa, pan mee, pork chops, damn the food is great here. I'm getting plum sauce with my duck rice, out the yin yang. Three announcements - first, 6000 times is a year old. Second, this is the only post so far that has been 100% film. Third, this might be the last post for a while, I got nothin' left, and will be travelling for another few months before returning to live and work in the 6000. An exception to that rule will be if my childhood dream of visiting Chernobyl comes to pass, in which case, assuming I survive the radiation, expect photos. If you are bored shitless, and want to waste some time, check out my travel blog www.noplanes.com. I recommend this post, if you want to see how lucky we are in Perth. Enjoy.

Finally, I would like to let the graffiti writers of Perth know how much I appreciate their hard work. Thank you, and keep it up.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

PianO! 1

Anonymous said...

pest one

another landscraper said...

6000times,

Love your site. Beautiful photos raising issues and places that we've all forgotten about. I'm starting an inspired pet blog of my own and was wondering how you get inside of all these places?!

N. said...

Hi there..thanks for the compliments....I just walk in the front door...

Daniel Arrigoni said...

Hey mate,
Love your work throughout this blog!
Just wondering, I have been told there is an abandoned church around,
I have tried searching your blog but no success!
Do you know where this is?
I have left my email below!
thanks
Daniel

Anonymous said...

what happened to the unspooled tape strung all over the place?

Michelle said...

Love the site, hate how the character is being bulldozed out of Perth!

Do you know if this Mechanics place is still around and can i get a hint as to where it might be? Please? ;)

Thanks!

my email is at my website that i posted with if you can help me. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

nice work with the film man, it gives a genuine old school feel to the photos yet you see an audi a4 in one of them haha

Anonymous said...

An abandoned church in Perth? I'm onto it. Sounds like an opportunity.

Anonymous said...

East Perth Cemetery perhaps? Although the church technically isn't abandoned, it's still used for Saturday services.

Anonymous said...

can u paint those places during the day?
thnx bro,


tekno 1

N. said...

Petty sure its been demolished now.

Anonymous said...

any ideas on how ta get into the entertainment center? need ta get sum interior pics b4 its demolished

Unknown said...

Love your posts!

Could you tell me where the workshop is :)

email: puthikat@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

The warehouse is still there

AntG said...

Any chance of finding out where the mechanics is?

Anonymous said...

Went there this evening. The place still stands. Has gotten even more trashed than in those photos though. Entering is easy if you don't mind crawling through glass. Side note - avoid entering during peak hour traffic when there are tonnes of cars lined up at the George street traffic junction. The back of the warehouse gets really dark - torch is needed. I think I saw a lady/person who was sitting in the dark but couldn't see properly/didn't really want to find out.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog post absolutely breath taking shots, would you be able to give the address for this place as i would like to explore it myself and checkout the history.
email: sonu.t.daniels@gmail.com

thank you so much

Post a Comment

Hi there. Feel free to comment, but keep this in mind:
This is a happy place, lets keep it that way, together. In this day and age of spam and idiots, I need to check every comment before it gets published. If it's now 2013, odds are I'm on a tropical beach somewhere in South East Asia, or possibly checking out some abandoned Soviet-era architecture in Eastern Europe, and maybe your comment won't appear for some time. But leave one anyway! If you have a personal message for me, I won't publish the comment, so feel free to submit it here. Thanks for checking out 6000TIMES, and have a nice day.