November 13, 2009

Perth : No Place for Metrosexuals



I was just reading about Dorcia Fridays "no metrosexual attire" policy. Amusing for sure, and I see where they are coming from, but it does put the promoters into the same class as every other night club with a dress code. Dress codes are a remnant from the 1980's. Bunbury has dress codes. Kalgoorlie has dress codes. Rockingham has dress codes. Night clubs that have dress codes, are, usually, full of douche bags.

My generic clubbing days are behind me. I will still hit the occasional club, normally as one of a small handful of grandpa's (over 30's) who are there to see a specific artist. Fortunately for me, the entire world seems to be stuck somewhere between 1985 and 1995, meaning there is a steady roster of international acts that I am interested in catching. Watching Nas recently, a young guy standing next to me, seeing me sing along, asked "do you know these guys?". Nas's first guest appearance on wax happened 18 years ago, and this guy looked about 20....

I may have digressed. In any case, last night, another appearance was in order. Rahzel, the worlds best human beat-boxer, was in town. Rahzel, as expected, was amazing. I didn't take any photos. That, finally, brings me to the video above. Shot with my camera phone, the star is the guy in the white shirt - one of the bouncers. As I stood outside, having a cigarette, the free entertainment was watching one drunken metro tirelessly give shit to the bouncers (he had the gray pointy leather shoes on, the whole bit). He'd been ejected, and by the state, and attitude, of this guy -  it was probably a fair cop. He should have got in a taxi and gone home (the bouncer offered to call him one). After mouthing off for what was entirely too long, he finally charged, running in and swinging at a bouncer. For no reason at all he escalated the situation. Except, I guess, to uphold his metro douche reputation. The video results are blurry, but plain to see. Quite a few punches landed. He wasn't moving, but was breathing. Was he a threat to the bouncers? Not really.



There are plenty of conclusions I could make at this point, however, I won't.  I would encourage comments, and forwarding of a link to this page. If anyone asks, I didn't see nuthin'. Remember, this could happen to anyone, if you leave the safe confines of Northbridge and enter the dark and violent realms of suburbia - be warned.

4 comments:

crave said...

lol. i'm laughing at his fists in tha air...

put em up bitch.

Obnoxious Owl said...

As a resident of Northbridge I happen to come across this regulary when all I want to do is go to the corner store for a pint of milk. Some people.

Rob Ahern said...

no video? :(

AJ said...

PMSL. You summed up the Perth clubbing scene in the first paragraph. Thankfully, my clubbing days are happily behind me too. On the odd occasion me and hubs go into the city to have a drink and a dance there's *always* some clown that wants to fight. What the?

Post a Comment

Hi there. Feel free to comment, but keep this in mind:
This is a happy place, lets keep it that way, together. In this day and age of spam and idiots, I need to check every comment before it gets published. If it's now 2013, odds are I'm on a tropical beach somewhere in South East Asia, or possibly checking out some abandoned Soviet-era architecture in Eastern Europe, and maybe your comment won't appear for some time. But leave one anyway! If you have a personal message for me, I won't publish the comment, so feel free to submit it here. Thanks for checking out 6000TIMES, and have a nice day.