May 19, 2013

Albania. No, it's Not Albany.




I'm stuck in the Balkans. Albania, Croatia, Macedonia, and Serbia. There are a lot of people from these nations in Australia, but it seems to me that not many people know about the Balkans. Even less visit it. So, I can tell you that the people are friendly, the food is great, and it's the cheapest area of Europe. It's not far off South East Asia prices. If more people knew what this place had to offer, it would be swarming with tourists.


I've been in the Balkans since late January. Instead of writing a book, here's a selection of photos taken on the streets of various Balkan cities. 

Enjoy.

N.















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing photos.

Shane Todd said...

Dude, have you ever been to Western Sydney it's just like the balkans but with the hangovers from the war in the 90's!!

N. said...

haha...I have been to Western Sydney, and there are similarities, I'll give you that.

Mommy_Of_4 said...

I'm so jealous.

Post a Comment

Hi there. Feel free to comment, but keep this in mind:
This is a happy place, lets keep it that way, together. In this day and age of spam and idiots, I need to check every comment before it gets published. If it's now 2013, odds are I'm on a tropical beach somewhere in South East Asia, or possibly checking out some abandoned Soviet-era architecture in Eastern Europe, and maybe your comment won't appear for some time. But leave one anyway! If you have a personal message for me, I won't publish the comment, so feel free to submit it here. Thanks for checking out 6000TIMES, and have a nice day.